[asterisk-dev] channel driver question

Gallmeier, Jonathan Jonathan.Gallmeier at polycom.com
Thu Sep 10 13:18:43 CDT 2009

Hi,

I'm working on a channel driver and have based my code off of the
chan_usbradio.c and chan_sip.c. My intention is to bridge SIP to my
channel driver.

It _mostly_ works. I can bridge an audio SIP call to my channel and get
a connection up _until_ I start passing audio RTP data via the read
function. When I start to pass audio data, Asterisk hangs  up the call.
I'm not sending null frames in my read function and I'm at a loss as to
why the channel gets hung up. If I don't send any data by not
registering the file descriptor, the call stays up fine, but without the
desired audio.

Any suggestions on how I can debug this???? Do I need to send some
special frame to make this work correctly?

Jonathan