[asterisk-dev] SIP: handling multiple m=video or m= audio lines

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Wed Sep 9 13:13:04 CDT 2009

9 sep 2009 kl. 18.19 skrev Mark Michelson:

> I already talked with David about this issue some, so he's already
> seen my
> opinion, but I thought it would be good to get it out there in this
> discussion,
> too. The easiest way to handle this situation is the way proposed by
> the
> reporter on the issue. Always honor the first stream and ignore
> subsequent
> offers of the same type. This is not ideal, but it requires the
> least invasive
> amount of changes.

I'm not sure that is a good way forward. Maybe we should simply have a
config option of either denying or picking the first. We will soon
also get multiple offers with alternative media streams - in fact as
soon as we start integrating SRTP. So we need to invest a lot of time
here. The question is where to go, as this goes hand in hand with our
ideas about a new media handling/negotiation architecture... It gets
bigger and bigger.

As I said in the earlier mail, it's really hard work to get this
right, as the parser itself is, well, you know.

Maybe we can brainstorm about it next week at SIPit. I know that Kevin
played around with SDP parsing earlier and had some ideas.

/O