[asterisk-dev] Linksys SPA962 losing registration

Jeff LaCoursiere jeff at jeff.net
Wed Sep 9 08:08:27 CDT 2009

On Wed, 9 Sep 2009, Stefan Schmidt wrote:

> Hello,
>
> you could try to change the Notify Message on the spa962 in Ext1:
> NAT Keep Alive Msg from $NOTIFY to $OPTIONS.
>
> This is how we bring asterisk to response 200 OK instead of 489 which
> may also solve this problem.

Egad, I could have saved many hours of debugging :)  Will try this
tonight!

I still think there is a NAT bug in 1.4.26.2, as we discovered later that
the 489 was actually being sent, but to the internal address of the phone
(which is remote and behind a NAT - thus the need for the keep-alive of
course).  I opened a new issue last night - 15859.

Cheers,