[asterisk-dev] Muting a noisy warning in a specific case

Pavel Troller patrol at sinus.cz
Fri Sep 4 05:43:20 CDT 2009

Hi!
  I'm using asterisk 1.6 (now it's 1.6.1.6) and my log was permanently filled
with the following warning:

[Sep  4 10:28:20] WARNING[19721] pbx.c: The application delimiter is now the comma, not the pipe.  Did you forget to convert your dialplan?  (Set(CDCT=(^[a1-8].*$|^9[0-2].*$)))

As you can see, this warning is issued improperly, because the "pipe symbol"
is a part of a regular expression, which is assigned to a variable, and not
a part of a general command syntax. AFAIK, the Set() application syntax is
very clean and doesn't allow neither commas nor pipes to regularly appear in
it. It means, that any pipe/comma present in Set() is a part of the value
being assigned, and this warning is wrong.
  For every call, I get 3 such warnings (my extension macros are relatively
complex). I've patched pbx.c by adding ' && strcasecmp(app->name, "set")' to
the test expression (there is a test for the System() app already in place)
somewhere around line 957 in pbx.c. Would it be acceptable to put this test
regularly to the sources ? Maybe not just me would appreciate it.

  With regards, Pavel Troller