[asterisk-dev] Pinetree :: For Asterisk SIP trunks behind aSIPproxy

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Wed Sep 2 02:55:55 CDT 2009

2 sep 2009 kl. 09.48 skrev Nick Lewis:

>>> Matching on the invite request uri (register contact) is the best
>>> way to distinguish incoming calls to different peers.
>
>> Then you're assuming a registration, Nick. This is not always the
> case.
>
> Not necessarily - it depends on the nature of the request-line uri. If
> the request-line uri is a randomly generated string then I agree with
> you. If the request-line uri is the peername then no registration is
> necessary - only shared knowledge of the peername. This could be
> shared when the trunk is first provisioned of even provided by dns.

Well, if I set up a SIp trunk to a PSTN gateway provider, the request
URI will be an E.164 phone number. Any phone number of mine and those
does not match any peers.

The request URI on the INVITE typically points to an extension in the
dialplan, which is a separate name space from our device names. The
INVITE r-URI never points to a device name in Asterisk.

/O