[asterisk-dev] - [Iax2 Implementation] Reagrding Attendted Transfer

Kumar Subramanian Kumar.Subramanian at ccxtech.fi
Tue Sep 1 10:01:14 CDT 2009

Hi ,

I don't know whether this is a right place for my question .... If you think so .. please let me know the correct list ..

Question :
How can I implement Attended transfer functionality in a IAX2 client. (i.e. Joining 2 different call  in different Lines).

Say :

Call from peer A -> Asterisk  -> Peer C . (Call 1)  (line 1)

Call from Peer C -> Asterisk -> Peer F (Call 2)(line 2)

How can I say Asterisk that  Join A and F .

I know the call path optimization , but I am wondering how can I send a TXREG to Peer F without knowing  its IP  ?
Is it so that I send the TXREG to Asterisk and Asterisk take care of rest ?

Thanks !

//Kumar