[asterisk-dev] Synchronize DND with as-feature-event

Benny Amorsen benny+usenet at amorsen.dk
Wed Oct 28 09:21:53 CDT 2009

Snom (with v8 firmware) and Polycom phones have a neat feature where
they can synchronize the state of DND and call forwarding with the SIP
server. This is rather neat, since Asterisk can then avoid sending calls
to a phone which is going to reject them anyway.

As far as I can tell, Asterisk has no way to handle such messages in the
dial plan, and no application to send them to the phone...

Alternatively Snom phones accept having their DND "light" turned on/off
by a BLF message, which gets me halfway there. However, I can't find a
way to send SIP MESSAGE events with Content-Type: application/x-buttons.
Well, strictly speaking that is not true, I could use SIPSAK to send the
message, but that seems rather crude.

/Benny