[asterisk-dev] upstart script [was: Re: [svn-commits] seanbright: trunk r200428 - in /trunk/contrib/upstart: ./ asterisk.upstart-0.3.9]

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Wed Oct 28 04:05:34 CDT 2009

On Sat, Jun 13, 2009 at 11:41:08AM +0300, Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 12, 2009 at 07:42:41PM -0000, SVN commits to the Digium repositories wrote:
> > Author: seanbright
> > Date: Fri Jun 12 14:42:26 2009
> > New Revision: 200428

> > Log:
> > First shot at an upstart script for asterisk on Ubuntu.

Here's my best shot for now:

http://svn.digium.com/svn/asterisk/trunk/contrib/upstart/asterisk.user.conf

Installing upstart on Debian Unstable seems to be something for the
brave ('apt-get install upstart' and write explicitly "Yes, do as I
say!" when prompted so, as you remove the essential package sysvinit).

It also seems that Debian does not ask for upstart scripts for daemons
in this release cycle. So for now I tested the script by copying the
file to:

  /etc/init/asterisk.conf

(Note the different path), and then made sure that the init.d service
won't get in my way:

  /etc/init.d/asterisk stop
  mv /etc/init.d/asterisk /etc/init.d/asterisk_

This still makes the init.d script available, but makes the links from
the runlevel directories invalid for automatic startup (FIXME: does
insserv automatically regenerate them?)

> > This works relatively well (assuming you are using /var/run/asterisk) as your
> > run directory and upstart 0.3.9.  Needs to be generalized and eventually added
> > to the 'make install' target for Ubuntu.

Does Ubuntu actually use upstart scripts for services?

What happens if you have both /etc/init.d/asterisk and
/etc/event.d/asterisk.conf ?

Fedora folks, this is relevant for you as well.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
+972-50-7952406           mailto:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com