[asterisk-dev] [Code Review] SIP: Frog

Fri Oct 23 10:16:52 CDT 2009

Kevin P. Fleming schrieb:
> Klaus Darilion wrote:
>
>> In this case I would call it a trunk. IMO a trunk is a virtual link to
>> another party which can be used for 1 or more concurrent calls. If the
>> other party is an ITSP or just another Astersik in a remote office is
>> IMO irrelevant.
>
> Actually, it is relevant. Communicating with another SIP endpoint that
> is under your control vs. one that is not is very different... items
> like Caller/Called party presentation/restriction, for example.

I would not call it "under control" but trusted/untrusted. The ITSP is
not under the user's control, but it trust him (otherwise it would not
have a contract with the ITSP). Also another Asterisk server at e.g. a
remote office is a trusted party.

For untrusted parties - e.g. somebody on the Internet - I do not see a
reason to define a peer/trunk/frog at all and it will be handled in the
default context.

regards
klaus