[asterisk-dev] [Code Review] SIP: Pineapple

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Thu Oct 22 07:52:29 CDT 2009

On Thu, Oct 22, 2009 at 07:20:27AM -0500, Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
> Nick Lewis wrote:
>
> >> The whole pedantic option needs to go away and be the default mode.
> >> Always.
> >
> > +1
>
> Along that line, I'm a couple of days away from being able to make
> 'pedantic mode dialog matching' the default, which required adding some
> functionality to astobj2 so that pedantic-mode matching would no longer
> require traversing the entire container of SIP dialogs. In addition,
> this patch will add parsing and matching of Via header branch-ID tags,
> which will solve some problems that occur when Asterisk receives forked
> requests from SIP proxies.

I guess some people really need that functionality.

But is all of it needed?

;pedantic=yes                   ; Enable checking of tags in headers,
                                ; international character conversions in URIs
                                ; and multiline formatted headers for strict
                                ; SIP compatibility (defaults to "no")

If there a reasonable chance that a potential broken device that needs
such a backward-compatibility[1] option actually diverts from the
standard in all fronts? Or would it make sense to split it into several
sub-options (technically: make it a bit field)?

[1] Be compatible with those who got things backwards.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
+972-50-7952406           mailto:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com