[asterisk-dev] Building trunk on OS/X SNow leopard

Tilghman Lesher tlesher at digium.com
Wed Oct 21 21:41:10 CDT 2009

On Wednesday 21 October 2009 15:28:02 Olle E. Johansson wrote:
> After upgrading to Snow Leopard (without installing Rosetta) my
> Asterisk stopped compiling. After a bit of googling I found the
> following:
>

> This works for me, I don't want to commit it since it might break
> other OS/X, the old 32-bit stuff especially. Someone propably needs to
> check what's going on,
> someone that understands build systems and compilers and stuff.
>
> I don't like the way I added an object file to ASTLDFLAGS and SOLINK,
> but it seems to do the trick.

I think you're fine to add it.  I just verified that the file exists on 10.4
ppc, so it's not like you're adding a symbol that would be missing on
older systems.  I do wonder what exactly is in that file, however.  The
file command had this to say about it:

/usr/lib/bundle1.o: Mach-O universal binary with 4 architectures
/usr/lib/bundle1.o (for architecture ppc):      Mach-O object ppc
/usr/lib/bundle1.o (for architecture i386):     Mach-O object i386
/usr/lib/bundle1.o (for architecture ppc64):    Mach-O 64-bit object ppc64
/usr/lib/bundle1.o (for architecture x86_64):   Mach-O 64-bit object x86_64

--
Tilghman Lesher