[asterisk-dev] [Code Review] SIP: peer matching by callbackextension

David Vossel dvossel at digium.com
Wed Oct 21 15:10:22 CDT 2009

----- "Olle E. Johansson" <oej at edvina.net> wrote:

> > Yeah, it's really just about providing another knob of control while
>
> > not changing the default behavior that has existed for quote a
> > while.  I'm good with this approach.
> >

> I strongly insist, as before, that we write a doc about all the
> changes and review them together instead of patching something that's
>
> already broken. We now have at least two changes on the table and more
>
> to come.
>
> The whole callback extension code is a broken concept that should not
>
> have been there in the way it is from start. It's a bad patch without
>
> any architecture thinking behind it. I think we'd better fix that
> instead of adding new code to fix the broken code.
>

> /O

I understand you don't like this change.  You've been very vocal in telling us peer matching needs to change and you probably have one of the best understandings of how this should happen.  I think that if you offer some direction in the form of organizing the changes that need to be made, and proposing at least an outline of how we can begin to address this as a whole, it will definitely help us move forward with the discussion.

~Vossel