[asterisk-dev] [Code Review] SIP: peer matching by callbackextension

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Wed Oct 21 09:27:50 CDT 2009

21 okt 2009 kl. 16.26 skrev Russell Bryant:

>> On 2009-10-09 06:18:23, Nick_Lewis wrote:
>>> I cannot think for the life of me why this config option would
>>> ever be left off. There will no doubt be loads of people reporting
>>> callback extension matching problems who will have to be told to
>>> enable matching in the config. Eventually the asterisk team will
>>> get sick of having to inform this never ending stream of people of
>>> the config option and will flip or remove it. However if having
>>> matching as a disabled option enables a consensus to be reached
>>> then I am delighted
>
> Yeah, it's really just about providing another knob of control while
> not changing the default behavior that has existed for quote a
> while.  I'm good with this approach.

I strongly insist, as before, that we write a doc about all the
changes and review them together instead of patching something that's
already broken. We now have at least two changes on the table and more
to come.

The whole callback extension code is a broken concept that should not
have been there in the way it is from start. It's a bad patch without
any architecture thinking behind it. I think we'd better fix that
instead of adding new code to fix the broken code.

/O