[asterisk-dev] select() and friends in Asterisk limit fd usage to 1024

Kevin Stewart kevins at callplus.co.nz
Wed Oct 14 17:46:24 CDT 2009

Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
> Moises Silva wrote:
>

>> To fix this problem I see 2 possibilities. Either we get rid completely
>> of select when poll is available (which is supposed to be a bit slower
>> than select) or we to add a new compilation flag to allow users to
>> decide, something like LOTS_OF_FDS, in such cases Asterisk would simply
>> not use select and use poll in ast_select, and any place where select()
>> is hard coded should be moved to use ast_select or some other wrapper.
>>

> I'd be fine with just switching to poll() for everything.

we still have the problem that imap-uw for imap based voicemail is still
using select so have a limit on FDs there

Kevin Stewart

VOIP Network Engineer

Direct:
+64 9 919 6120

Mobile:
021 879057
Fax:
+64 9 919 6121

This message and any attachments contain privileged and confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient of
 this message, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, distribution or reproduction of this message is prohibited.
 If you have received this message in error please notify the sender immediately via email and then destroy this message
and any attachments.