[asterisk-dev] make fails: dependency was previously satisfied

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Sun Oct 11 11:02:54 CDT 2009

Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
> I previously had libopenr2 and libopenr2-dev installed on my system.
> Now I don't .
>
> When I try to build asterisk (trunk) it fails:
>
> menuselect/menuselect --check-deps menuselect.makeopts

>   The 'OPENR2' dependency was previously satisfied but
>   is now unsatisfied.
>
>   The functionality of the following modules will
>   be affected:
>           chan_dahdi
>
> $ grep OPENR2 build_tools/menuselect-deps
> OPENR2=0:1
>
> Why should I care?

You should care because if you were intending to use R2 support in
chan_dahdi, it won't be present if you continue with the build process.
Since this sort of situation can occur due to changes made without
explicit control from the user (like a system package update or a change
in the library requirements in Asterisk), it's pretty important to let
the user know that functionality that was included in their last build
will *NOT* be included in the current build unless they take steps to
correct the situation.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
skype: kpfleming | jabber: kpfleming at digium.com