[asterisk-dev] Question about end mark of the Called partey number

Pavel Troller patrol at sinus.cz
Sun Oct 11 09:34:19 CDT 2009

> Hi guys,
>
> I am reading libss7 source code and I notice that when ITU-T version of SS7
> is used, a hash mark '#' is appended to the called party number sent with
> IAM or the last SAM message. But according to section 3.9 of ITU-T Q.763, I
> think an Address signal ST with the binary value 1111 should be sent
> instead! Why is there such a difference? Any of you please kindly help me
> clear this issue, thank you very much!
>
> Regards,
>
> Tian

Hi Tian,
  you're right that in ITU.T ISUP the number has to be terminated by 0x0f.
  However, I thinkt libss7 is doing it well.
  In isup_set_called(), it adds '#' to the end of the number.
  Then, in called_party_num_transmit(), it calls isup_put_number() to insert
the number to the message. And isup_put_number() calls char2digit(), which
converts '#' to 0x0f.
  Regards, Pavel