[asterisk-dev] Asterisk Release Schedule

Rod Dorman rodd at polylogics.com
Fri Oct 9 15:43:55 CDT 2009

On Friday, October 9, 2009, 03:19:24, Johan Wilfer wrote:
> The point is - how much work is involved in making these security fixes?

I  would  hazard  a  guess  that the level of effort would depend on how
similar the relevant section of code is in the older versions.

> I this this would make those users who hire an asterisk-consultant very
> happy... Could this be done with a resonable efort?

My  interpretation  of  Russell's  proposed  release  policy  is that it
wouldn't  prohibit  back porting the patches to ancient versions, but it
would mean don't depend on it happening as normal policy.

--
rodd at polylogics.com     "The avalanche has already started, it is too
Rod Dorman              late for the pebbles to vote." - Ambassador Kosh