[asterisk-dev] [Code Review] SIP: peer matching by callbackextension

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Thu Oct 8 02:24:41 CDT 2009

8 okt 2009 kl. 00.50 skrev David Vossel:

>> On 2009-10-02 14:47:44, Olle E Johansson wrote:
>>> I still think we should think very carefully and work on design
>>> before we commit either this or my peermatching stuff. I do not
>>> recommend merging this at this time.
>>>
>>> (As expressed earlier on the asterisk-dev mailinglist)
>>> /O
>
> If you don't have any immediate plans to work on a new peer matching
> algorithm how do you feel about this patch being committed?  I know
> its not a pretty solution, but its simple and addresses the issue at
> hand.  If a new algorithm is implemented in the future, I doubt this
> patch will add any complexity to it's integration.

I have said many times that I don't want it committed at this time.
And yes, I have a branch that changes matching too, which I have also
mentioned several times.

The "issue at hand" can be solved in other ways that are deployed
today. Ugly, yes, but still a solution. Before we add NEW
functionality here we need to think, otherwise I'm afraid we'll cause
the same kind of mess that I caused with "kill-the-user". We don't
want that.

Having said that, this is something that we need to solve and make a
plan for, so that I can move forward with larger changes that I want
to do. Actually KILLING the user/friend/peer concept.

/O