[asterisk-dev] RFC4733 SRTP option

Lawrence Conroy lconroy at insensate.co.uk
Fri Nov 27 05:55:30 CST 2009

Hi Nick, folks,
  as someone who has had to go through this meditation,
the way I have been "guided" to think about these is:
SHOULD == you should do this unless there's a **really** good reason
not to.
MUST == you must do this or it is broken.

[I wanted to put a MUST in an RFC and the IESG pushed back,
  saying MUST unless... was not appropriate]

Yes, there are large companies in Santa Clara that won't implement
something unless it's a MUST.
They can and do claim compliance, but ...
That's one reason why * (and others) are in wide commercial use.

all the best,
   Lawrence