[asterisk-dev] CDR variables

Matthew Nicholson mnicholson at digium.com
Wed Nov 25 08:27:21 CST 2009

On Wed, 2009-11-25 at 09:33 +0100, Olle E. Johansson wrote:
> 24 nov 2009 kl. 23.17 skrev Matthew Nicholson:
>
> > On Sat, 2009-11-21 at 11:26 +0100, Olle E. Johansson wrote:
> >> I was looking into adding the RTPAUDIOQOS variables directly to the cdr's from chan_sip as a cdr variable. I notice that there are no other modules that does add cdr variables directly.
> >>
> >> Is this because developers hasn't noticed this feature or because it will fail miserably and cause disruptions in the Asterisk space/time relationship?
> >>
> >> If this works, is it safe to add variables to the cdr as long as I have an AST_CHANNEL available? We have two closures of cdr - after or before "h" processing - but when will the CDR be stored - at destruction of the ast_channel or when we freeze it?
> >>
> >> /O
> >
> > Adding the variable should not cause a problem, but it may not actually
> > be stored to disk if it is added while the channel is bridged.
>
> That sounds like  a bug to me.

It is a bug.

> So I can only add CDR variables before the first bridge or any time when I'm not in a bridge?

Yes and no.  You can add CDR variables while in a bridge, but the CDR
that is written to disk is copied from the channel CDR before the
bridge.  So any variables you add during a bridge will only be written
to disk if that channel is bridged again.

--
Matthew Nicholson
Digium, Inc. | Software Developer