[asterisk-dev] Insulting source code comments in main/channel.c

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Mon Nov 23 15:57:50 CST 2009

On Mon, 23 Nov 2009, Vlasis Hatzistavrou (KTI) wrote:

> We are all sensitive about a few things, we all have our buttons as we
> say. And insult, taking or giving it is still a reality in this world.

I am sensitive to the callous and insensitive abuse of the letter C.

To me, it is a proud and nobel language and to use it's name in any other
context is demeaning and blasphemous.

Please use "open parenthesis" "(" in it's pla(e. We will have to agree to
agree to proper quoting rules in the future for pla(es where it's former
usage is required. Please start a new thread for this topi(.

Please refrain from all offensive uses of this proud letter in all sour(e
(ode and (orresponden(e. Don't even think of mo(king me in a (artoon. My
dis(iples and I will be wat(hing.

A (apa(ious blo(k of pat(hes are forth(oming to (orre(t all o((uran(es in
the (urrent sour(e (ode. Please be a((omodating as this will take a
(onsiderable effort on my part.

If other list members are sensitive to any other letters, symbols or
numbers, please let me know so I don't (odify (hanges that will have to be
(hanged again.

Please refrain from submitting pat(hes or (hanges to the (urrent sour(e
(ode until my pat(hes are (omplete so I won't have to repli(ate them.

--
Thanks in advance, (oh damn. I missed one.)