[asterisk-dev] Insulting source code comments in main/channel.c

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Mon Nov 23 13:39:59 CST 2009

On Mon, 23 Nov 2009, Vlasis Hatzistavrou (KTI) wrote:

> No, no! Better idea! Why not drop our pants and bend over in
> anticipation? That would be a good reaction against an insult!

Going a bit off the deep end here aren't you? Don't you have a nursery
rhyme about "sticks and stones" in your culture?

> In all sincerity now, wouldn't a comment against "silly Americans" raise
> hell in this thread? Why the double standards?

Absolutely not.

We Americans ARE a silly group. We have no unifying race, religion or
culture. We don't even have our own language. About the only thing we do
have is that we live within the same circle drawn in the sand. And
(usually) the freedom to say whatever we want.

All groups are silly in one way or another.

Please call me silly. Please call me anything you damn well wish. I
promise not to take offense, just please let this silly thread die.

--
Thanks in advance,