[asterisk-dev] Insulting source code comments in main/channel.c

David Backeberg dbackeberg at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 09:47:17 CST 2009

On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 10:26 AM, Michael Cargile <mikec at vicidial.com> wrote:
> Have you ever seen the count the number of swear words that can be found
> in the Linux Kernel?
>
> http://www.vidarholen.net/contents/wordcount/

That was my first thought when I saw this thread too.

If we want to patch the source, how about paying attention to features
and bugs as defined in the source code, rather than the comments. If
you don't want to read comments you can always strip them out. I've
built a parser that does exactly that as part of my software testing
research, but certainly removing "insults" was not the intended
purpose. I can provide the source if anybody is interested.