[asterisk-dev] How to get DAHDI_DUMMY to work for MeetMe ?

Lahav Savir lahavs at emindsys.com
Sat Nov 21 14:03:12 CST 2009

Hi All,

I'm trying to get DAHDI_DUMMY to work for MeetMe,
At the moment no DAHDI hardware is installed on the Asterisk machine, so I'm trying to use the DUMMY.

Chan_dahdi is indeed compiled loaded with Asterisk, but it always showing: (dahdi show status)
Description                              Alarms  IRQ    bpviol CRC4   Fra Codi Options  LBO
DAHDI_DUMMY/1 (source: HRtimer) 1        UNCONFI 0      0      0      CAS Unk  YEL      0 db (CSU)/0-133 feet (DSX-1)

When starting a MeetMe the following warning appears in the log file:
app_meetme.c: No DAHDI channel available for conference, user introduction disabled (is chan_dahdi loaded?)

And this is the response for: module show like chan_dahdi.so
Module                         Description                              Use Count
chan_dahdi.so                  DAHDI Telephony w/PRI                    0
1 modules loaded

Thank you,
Lahav Savir