[asterisk-dev] CDR variables

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Sat Nov 21 08:59:44 CST 2009

21 nov 2009 kl. 15.35 skrev Tilghman Lesher:

> On Saturday 21 November 2009 04:26:00 Olle E. Johansson wrote:
>> I was looking into adding the RTPAUDIOQOS variables directly to the cdr's
>> from chan_sip as a cdr variable. I notice that there are no other modules
>> that does add cdr variables directly.
>>
>> Is this because developers hasn't noticed this feature or because it will
>> fail miserably and cause disruptions in the Asterisk space/time
>> relationship?
>
> I think this would be in danger of colliding with namespace that existing
> administrators have set up.  Certainly this would need a clear warning in
> UPGRADE.txt.
Can we make a distinction like channel variables, that system added variables being UPPER CASE in the future?
Obviously we all missed this case when we added the CDR availables.

We could either reserve some namespace or we will have to check if a variable exists before adding it, but what's the escape? If my app wants to add FROG and it exists - did I create it myself earlier or did it happen by the admin in the dialplan? SHould I always add a number, so we'll end up with a series of FROG, FROG01, FROG02 and a mess when trying to sort it out?

I would recommend that we reserve a name space.
We could decide that all CDR variables starting with underscore are system-reserved.

/O