[asterisk-dev] GSM trunks & Dahdi - New funcionality Request for discussion

Artem Makhutov artem at makhutov.org
Thu Nov 19 11:28:57 CST 2009

Hello,

On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 03:06:00PM +0000, Odicha wrote:
> and the "translation" between "AT^DDSETEX=2\r" and CALL_ANSWER_ACK would
> be done at dahdi driver level. So in hdlc frames between library & dahdi
> won't have AT commands but our own signalling abstraction layer events
> and frames.

What has CALL_ANSWER_ACK common with AT^DDSETEX=2 ? This are two completly different things.
The AT^DDSETEX=2 command just tells the modem to output its audio using the diagnostics port. Nothing else.

> I think it'll be more clear. Perhaps at driver level it implies a
> different way of do things but AT and PRI signalling differs a lot.

I like the idea of creating a common library for GSM cards in order to eliminate double code
and create a "standard" way to communicate with such devices.

What I don't like is to do anything at PRI or BRI level and to translate GSM stuff into ISDN stuff.
I have not much knowledge about Dahdi, but is this really the right way to create a common library for GSM cards?

Regards, Artem