[asterisk-dev] ConfBridge pin auth

Dmitry Andrianov dimas at dataart.com
Thu Nov 19 10:42:44 CST 2009

I'm not sure what Digium official answer to this is but for me things are simple: do not embed into an application what can be implemented with dialplan! Do not create another voicemail :=) - a huge monolithic something.

It is very easy to require a pin from user before letting him into conference. And it will always be much more flexible that builtin authentication. You can do any kind of stuff - choose different conference opation depending on the PIN used, make user ordinary participant or admin, again based on PIN etc etc etc.

Regards,
Dmitry Andrianov