[asterisk-dev] Changing internal_timing to default to yes?

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Wed Nov 18 20:24:51 CST 2009

Leif Madsen wrote:
> There is currently an issue open on the issue tracker which requests for
> internal_timing in asterisk.conf to be set to 'yes' by default.
>
> https://issues.asterisk.org/view.php?id=15932
>
> Is there any reason this shouldn't go into trunk, or any previous versions? Only
> thing I can think of is that we're changing default functionality, so perhaps it
> should only be in trunk, with a note put into UPGRADE.txt or CHANGES ?
>
> Thoughts?

I'm fine with this in general (even in 1.4).  However, someone just
needs to do an audit of the related code to make sure that nothing bad
will happen if this is on and DAHDI is not available.  That also
includes scary error messages telling someone the world is broken when
it's not really true.

--
Russell Bryant
Digium, Inc. | Engineering Manager, Open Source Software