[asterisk-dev] Troubles with Asterisk and chan_h323

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Wed Nov 18 18:30:48 CST 2009

Mark Best wrote:

> After what seems a successful compile I can’t ‘connect’ to Asterisk.
> With the error ‘Unable to connect to remote asterisk (does
> /var/run/asterisk.ctl exist?)’. There is no /var/log/asterisk/full log
> to check for errors.

This isn't a development question; this sort of question belongs on
asterisk-users.

> I moved the chan_h323.so out of the /usr/lib/asterisk/modules/ folder,
> but Asterisk seems still to crash.

If that is the case, what causes you to believe that the crash is
related to chan_h323?

> Anyone have any experience with this sort of thing? Does a different
> version of 1.6/1.4 with H323plus work better than another?

No. You need to start Asterisk manually (not as a remote console) and
capture the output as it tries to start up before anyone will have
enough information to try to help you.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
skype: kpfleming | jabber: kpfleming at digium.com