[asterisk-dev] why do we need develop 1.6.0, x and 1.6.1.x at the same time?

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Tue Nov 17 03:07:28 CST 2009

17 nov 2009 kl. 05.51 skrev lvsha:

> Hi all
>        why do we need develop 1.6.0,x and 1.6.1.x at the same time?
>        What are different with them?
>        As I know, 1.6.2 branch has been created?
>        Why did asterisk need to maintain many versions?

There are many mails and documents that explain this, please google a bit.

The most important fact is that 1.6.0 and 1.6.1 are not different releases of the same version of Asterisk, they are as different as 1.4 and 1.2.
There is no "1.6" release that follows 1.4 - you have 1.2 then 1.4 then 1.6.0 then 1.6.1 in our release series.

Yes this is confusing, yes there is a proposal to change back to the old behaviour.

/O