[asterisk-dev] strange "new-callerid" on DAHDI

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.clara.co.uk
Thu Nov 12 03:50:35 CST 2009

In article <4AFAF2BA.2030806 at pernau.at>,
> Hi!
>
> I discovered a strange new callerid set on an outgoing DAHDI channel
> after the channel is answered. It will be changed from called number to
> the caller's number. This does not happen on outgoing SIP channels.
>
> scenario: Incoming SIP call will be forwarded to SIP or DAHDI (PRI)
> Traces: below
>
> 1. Is this intended behavior? I searched to code but did not find the
> reason. It is strange that the meaning of the callerid of outgoing
> channel depends on the used technology.

See the discussion thread about the 'o' option to Dial() at
http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-dev/2005-July/013945.html

It was a change introduced between 1.0 and 1.2.

That would explain what you see on DAHDI, but not why it is different
from SIP. Maybe it depends on whether the technology allows a change
of caller-ID to be notified to the other end. However, the change of
caller-ID on the called channel post-Dial ought always to be local
to the Asterisk, and never propagated to the remote peer. The remote
peer ought always to see the originating number as the caller-ID.

Cheers
Tony
--
Tony Mountifield