[asterisk-dev] Security Request for discussion: Should sip.conf allowguest=yes be the default

Alec Davis sivad.a at paradise.net.nz
Thu Nov 12 02:21:00 CST 2009

allowguest=yes as default is IMO a breach of AST-2008-003 which states
"A fix has been added which checks for the option 'allowguest' to be enabled
before determining that authentication is not required"

please refer.http://downloads.asterisk.org/pub/security/AST-2008-003.pdf

Sorry I missed that on my original posting.

Alec Davis
  _____