[asterisk-dev] STANDALONE define magic ?

Tilghman Lesher tlesher at digium.com
Sun Nov 8 11:51:54 CST 2009

On Sunday 08 November 2009 07:58:43 Pavel Troller wrote:
> In the astmm.h include file, __AST_DEBUG_MALLOC is turned on, if STANDALONE
> is not defined. But I didn't find any config option/place, where to control
> the presence of the STANDALONE define, it seems to be hardcoded in various
> Makefiles etc.
>   What is the exact purpose of the STANDALONE(2,3..) defines and how to
> control them ?

In the Asterisk builds, there are some source files that are included within
both the core Asterisk binary, as well as within various other binaries.  The
purpose of the STANDALONE define is to change expectations of the available
resources, when a binary other than the core Asterisk binary is being
compiled.

--
Tilghman Lesher