[asterisk-dev] 1.6.1.10-rc1 crash on a VOLUME() func

Pavel Troller patrol at sinus.cz
Sat Nov 7 03:40:13 CST 2009

Hi!
  I just upgraded to 1.6.1.10-rc1 and it started to crash occasionally. By
test-calling, I found that just one dialplan extension is causing the crash,
which contained a Set(VOLUME(TX)=2) command.
  The crash is detected as:
*** glibc detected *** /opt/asterisk/sbin/asterisk: double free or corruption (!prev): 0x092e7bc0 ***
  but it seems that it doesn't appear directly in the code of the function
mentioned; it looks that it just corrupts (or frees) some structure in memory,
which then causes a subsequent crash at another place. Because func_volume.c
code didn't change since I'm tracking the sources (from 1.6.1.0), it looks that
some other change made the VOLUME() function incompatible with the current
code, or some hidden bug present in the code for a longer time has been
activated. I was trying to find a cause in the patch text, but I failed.
  I just know, that
  1) In 1.6.1.7-rc2 it was working perfectly
  2) In 1.6.10.1-rc1, removing the above command prevents the crashes.

  Any help would be appreciated; I'm ready to experiment with possible patches.

  With regards, Pavel Troller