[asterisk-dev] modules.conf - loading modules

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Thu Nov 5 07:22:18 CST 2009

Hi!

If I add a load= directive for a module in asterisk's modules.conf,
and it doesn't load Asterisk proceeds happily.
I would like a new statement where if Asterisk can't load the module
for some reason - bad config, bad compilation or something else,
Asterisk fails utterly and fails to start.

depend=chan_sip.so

or

forceload=chan_sip.so

This would mean "My Asterisk service depends on this module and if you
can't load it, fail with an error code to the shell".

Maybe we should have a special error code so that safe_asterisk et al
can recognize the issue and do whatever magic that's required.

What do you think?

/O