[asterisk-dev] Sound path

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Wed Nov 4 07:40:15 CST 2009

4 nov 2009 kl. 09.30 skrev Benny Amorsen:

> "Kevin P. Fleming" <kpfleming at digium.com> writes:
>
>> It sure does; you can have a directory called sounds/en/CUSTOMER1
>> that
>> contains only a couple of files, and set LANGUAGE for customer #1's
>> channels to 'en_CUSTOMER1'. Asterisk will use the files that are in
>> that
>> directory in preference to the files in the sounds/en directory,
>> but the
>> sounds/en/CUSTOMER1 directory does not need to contain a complete
>> set of
>> sounds.
>
> It doesn't, however, solve the problem of conforming to the File
> Hierarchy Standard. System-provided files should be in /usr/share and
> should be read only, whereas customized sound files (e.g. files
> written
> by Asterisk) should be in /var. It would be very handy if Asterisk
> could
> handle lookup in multiple directory hierarchies.

And like many other problems, this can be solved in the dialplan I
believe.
We could have a filesearch function - that checks a path so you can do

exten => abba,1,playback(filesearch(olleabbamusic))

The big question here is if additional lookups will help performance?
For heavily used systems, I don't want extra file-system IO.

If someone adds this code, should it be enabled by default?

/O