[asterisk-dev] New Community Developer: Max Khon

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Tue Nov 3 17:41:13 CST 2009

On Tue, Nov 03, 2009 at 04:51:08PM -0600, Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
> Odicha wrote:
> > At now, dahdi supports same hardware as mISDN except those usb S0 based
> > on hfcusb chip. So doing twice same work?
>
> (un-top-posting and trimming)
>
> I don't believe that is true; there is a driver in DAHDI to support
> HFC-4S based cards; it does not support HFC-PCI, HFC-2S, HFC-8S, HFC-USB
> or HFC-E1, all of which are supported in mISDN 1.x.

Aren't HFC-2S and HFC-8S now supported in wcb4xxp? (yeah, the name is
just great).

HFC-PCI and HFC-E1 have out-of-tree DAHDI drivers. The HFC-PCI oone is
actually used and maintained. The HFC-E1 driver is probably one of the
least tested, but gets extra bonus point for its interesting name :-)

No support for HFC-USB, AFAIK.