[asterisk-dev] undefined symbol: PQsetdbLogin

Joel Jn-Francois voirtech at gmail.com
Thu May 21 21:51:47 CDT 2009

Hi

I have created an asterisk module in c called app_callingcard.c.  In my app,
I am connecting to a postgresql database using #include <libpq-fe.h>
library.  I have been using this app in version 1.4 for couple years now
without any problems.

I recently upgraded to asterisk version 1.6.1 and have made the necessary
changes to my app so that its compatible with version 1.6.1.  I am able to
compile my app in version 1.6.1 with no error messages and it creates an
app_callingcard.so file in asterisk's module folder.

The problem arises when I try to load my app within asterisk "module load
app_callingcard.so". I get the following error message:  WARNING[31732]:
loader.c:417 load_dynamic_module: Error loading module 'app_callingcard.so':
/usr/lib/asterisk/modules/app_callingcard.so: undefined symbol:
PQsetdbLogin.

How could that be when PQsetdbLogin is part of libpq-fe.h and asterisk is
able to compile it without any problems, but is not able to load it using
loader.c?

Thanks very much for your help

Joel