[asterisk-dev] How to create a slinear silent frame? SOLVED

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Tue May 19 09:12:22 CDT 2009

Holger Wirtz wrote:

> thnaks a lot! I an offset necessary if I create slinear packets and
> convert them to the channel drivers codec (let's say speex)? becuase the
> data for the frame has to be calculated from scratch the translator will
> be doing everything right with the offset?

It's always best to supply at least AST_FRIENDLY_OFFSET bytes of space
anyway, in case the consumer of your frames is not who you expect it to
be :-) It is also possible that a translator could modify the data in
place on an existing frame (although I don't think any of our existing
translators do that, it's within the rules as best I can remember), so
you can't even be sure that if a translation path is in place that it
will be creating new frames from yours.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
skype: kpfleming | jabber: kpfleming at digium.com