[asterisk-dev] Arguments for the Dial command when using DUNDi switch

dimas at dataart.com dimas at dataart.com
Wed May 13 03:33:01 CDT 2009

Hello.
I have already raised this question on IRC channel and I was told that I should use DUNDILOOKUP in dialplan in order to somehow change arguments for the Dial command which DUNDi switch issues. [ Also I was told that I have very strange setup etc :=) ]

But now Im looking at the Asterisk 1.6.1 and I see that there is support for DUNDIDIALARGS variable which allows passing options to Dial command. Which makes me think that Im not the only person who needs features like that!

So I would like to raise my point again. Sometimes you may want to do more than just change Dial options so the solution with DUNDIDIALARGS is still somewhat limited. For example it does not let you export some IAXVARs to pass them to the remote node with the call.
And Im back to my original proposal:
1.	Instead of executing Dial directly, Asterisk checks existence of priority 1 extension s in context std-switch-dial
a.	If not found, switch behaves as usually  just executes Dial
b.	If found, switch code executes Gosub to that extension instead passing Dial URL there.

I believe this makes things more flexible as it becomes possible to do any kind of Dial manipulation.

What do you think?

Regards,
Dmitry Andrianov

PS: Of course I will create the patch myself. I just do not really want to waste my time if it is known in advance that the patch will be rejected by Digium because they do not think it is useful or they think it is the wrong way of doing things etc