[asterisk-dev] Dial( )

Chandrakant Solanki solanki.chandrakant at gmail.com
Tue May 5 07:41:41 CDT 2009

On Tue, May 5, 2009 at 5:09 PM, Russell Bryant <russell at digium.com> wrote:

> On May 5, 2009, at 1:14 PM, Chandrakant Solanki wrote:
>
> > I am using Dial() function with "&" for simultaneous call.
> >
> > But problem is that, i have to define different timeout period for
> > each call.
> >
> > Like
> >
> > Dial(SIP/101&SIP/102&SIP/103&SIP/104,30,options);
> >
> > But For SIP/101 ring timeout period is 5 seconds, for 102 it is 10
> > and for 103 it is 30 seconds.
> >
> > How can i do this... or what kind of changes required in ".c" file..
>

> No changes are required.  You can accomplish this by dialing Local
> channels, and using a different Dial timeout behind each Local channel.
>
> In the future, this type of question is more appropriate for the
> asterisk-users mailing list.
>
> --
> Russell Bryant

Thanks 4 reply...

But actual requirement is like

*Dial( SIP/Number&DAHDI/g0/Number&IAX/Number&IAX/Number,30,options)*

In above scenario, for every channel I want different timeout period..
like for SIP 10, Dahdi 30, IAX 100.

What kind of changes occurred in dialplan or may be in app_dial.c file.

I am newbie for asterisk, so help me, If changes occurred in dialplan... can
u give me short example for the same scenario using dialplan if possible..

Thanks Again

--
Regards,

Chandrakant Solanki