[asterisk-dev] Two version of asterisk on the same server

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Tue Mar 31 13:19:47 CDT 2009

On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 07:00:52PM +0100, Julian Lyndon-Smith wrote:
> Chris Tooley wrote:
> > Serge:
> >
> > I have these instructions on our Wiki.  They will obviously need
> > adapted for you use, but it should lead you in the right direction.
> > You will only need to build 1.6.0.6 this way as 1.4.23 is most likely
> > not going to get interfered with.
> Cool. Thanks for this Chris. However (isn't there always a but or
> however ?) can you run 1.4 and 1.6 at the same time, using zaptel ? IOW
> can the two asterisk servers share a TE412P card ?

Basically, yes.

Something I don't like is (more on Zaptel than on DAHDI): There are a
number of ioctls that can be run on either /dev/dahdi/ctl (/dev/zap/ctl)
or on the file descriptor of the specific channel. In the case of
calling them through /dev/dahdi/ctl the channel number is passed
explicitly. But this overriding is also possible when calling an ioctl
on a specific channel: I can call, e.g. DAHDI_SET_PARAMS on one channel
and actually set params for another.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com