[asterisk-dev] Idea for GSoC: Support of PRACK in Asterisk

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Tue Mar 24 06:11:16 CDT 2009

Nic Bellamy wrote:

> If someone would pick this up as an GSoC project, I for one would
> welcome our new PRACK overlords.

Unfortunately this is likely to be nearly impossible to add to chan_sip
without first adding proper SIP transaction support, since the 1xx
response/PRACK is a transaction (and of course we'd want to be able to
support PRACK in both directions). Adding transaction support could be a
worthwhile GSoC project, but the student doing the work would have to be
pretty familiar with chan_sip already to be able to achieve it in three
months :-)

--
Kevin P. Fleming
skype: kpfleming | jabber: kpfleming at digium.com