[asterisk-dev] About asterisk development plans

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Wed Mar 18 15:56:34 CDT 2009

On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 02:24:35PM -0500, John Lange wrote:

> And here is a list of features that I think are worth testing:
>
> Blind Transfer
> Supervised (attended) Transfer
> Call Forward
> Call Monitoring
> Call Parking
> Call Pickup
> Call Queuing
> Call Transfer
> Call Waiting
> Caller ID
> Conference Bridging
> Three-way Calling
> Do Not Disturb
>
> Call Detail Records
>
> DTMF
>
> Music On Hold
> Voicemail
>
> This is just "back of a napkin", but 17 features tested on 3 transports
> (SIP, Analog, & PRI) is 51 tests (and not all tests are relevant for
> every type of signalling).
>
> Sounds doable as a starting point.

How can they be tested?

Let's take one case: CDR to either sqlite or CSV (those two cases are
the simplest as they require no third-party DB).

Can you come up with a system that starts Asterisk, runs a number of
scenarios automatically, and cheks of the CDR is OK?

* Starting up Asterisk from within the Asterisk build tree:
  contrib/scripts/live_ast .

* It's easy to make calls within one Asterisk.

* sipp can be used to add some SIP calls into the mix.

* What about a second Asterisk?

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com