[asterisk-dev] Moving H.323 forward by linking to a new library

Dan Austin Dan_Austin at Phoenix.com
Fri Mar 13 17:14:33 CDT 2009

Tilghman wrote:
> Honestly, if you want to be the maintainer for chan_ooh323c, then I don't
> think we'd have any problem giving you maintenance responsibilities over it.
> There simply isn't any other developer who is willing to take on that task at
> this time.

I have considered volunteering for it, and thought my last comment might
trigger this conversation.  My contribution to date have been as a
hobbist, and my day job has seriously restricted my playtime.  I am not
sure that with my current commitments I could live up to the expectations
placed on a maintainer.

I really do like the code that backs chan_ooh323c, but if chan_h323 can
be built and installed just by having the required packages on box, it is
time to focus on it.  The only issue I have seen documented recently, other
than the library issue, is the packetization problems with chan_h323 and I
think that fix is pending.

Thanks,
Dan