[asterisk-dev] H323 hangup cause

Mindaugas Kezys mkezys at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 03:31:05 CDT 2009

Hello,

I'm interested to get call hangup cause from H323 channel into dial plan.

Now we have such situation:

Caller hang-ups when call is not established:

localhos-- Sending RELEASE COMPLETE

localhos-- ClearCall: Request to clear call with token ip$localhost/32654,
cause EndedByTransportFail

localhos-- ClearCall: Request to clear call with token ip$localhost/32654,
cause EndedByRemoteUser

localhos-- ClearCall: Request to clear call with token ip$localhost/32654,
cause EndedByCallerAbort

Note: 3 causes, and only last is correct.

Digging into the source I see that MyH323EndPoint::ClearCall from
/asterisk/channels/h323/ast_h323.cxx is called only once by chan_h323.c.

Who does other calls to this function?

Why first 2 causes are not correct?

How to get correct cause into dial plan?

Any suggestions?

Thank you.

Regards,

Mindaugas Kezys