[asterisk-dev] an easy way to deal with/without leading "1" ?

sean darcy seandarcy2 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 10:49:59 CDT 2009

I'm setting up dialplans to deal with 800 dialing through a different
channel than regular long distance in the US.

The regular long distance is set up so users can but don't have to
dial one. That's pretty easy, just one more exten statement. But it's
a pain dealing with all the 8xx area codes that are toll free.

I tried

exten=>exten => _!877NXXXXXX,2,Dial(${pstnline}/ww1${EXTEN:-10})

but that matches everything. I'd hoped it would only match strings
that had zero or more characters, followed by the 877 pattern.

sean