[asterisk-dev] App to detect fax/voice

Robert McGilvray rmcgilvr at globeop.com
Tue Mar 10 07:44:34 CDT 2009

I'm having a bit of trouble with the fax detection part, my first couple
of tries were based on code I saw in the NvFaxDetect application but the
detection method in there doesn't seem to work with 1.4.18 or my T.38
setup. Specifically the if statement that checks for a frametype of
AST_FRAME_DTMF and a subclass of 'f' never evaluates to true so it
continues on to detect my fax tones as voice.

My PSTN gateway supports T.38 and sends a re-invite when it sees a fax,
is there a clean method of accessing the t38properties structure that's
defined in chan_sip from an application? I think if I just check the
t38state for T38_PEER_REINVITE or T38_ENABLED that will be sufficient
for what I need to do. I don't actually have to do anything with the
fax, the goal is to just check to make sure some of my efax servers are
operational. If checking the state is not the correct way is there
another method of detecting a change to T.38 on the channel from within
an app?

Thanks,

Bob

This email with all information contained herein or attached hereto may contain confidential and/or privileged information intended for the addressee(s) only. If you have received this email in error, please contact the sender and immediately delete this email in its entirety and any attachments thereto.
(W1)