[asterisk-dev] ENUM and overlapped dialing

Timo Teräs timo.teras at iki.fi
Tue Mar 10 01:25:07 CDT 2009

Klaus Darilion wrote:
> FYI: Old bind versions did not had this behaviour but instead returned
> NXDOMAIN in both cases.

This sounds like what tinydns is doing too. Apparently the return code
depends on if the SOA/NS entries are defined for each parent domain
or not. All levels should have those entries. If those are there then
tinydns returns correct error codes too. I'd figure old bind works
similarly.

I have a very simple patch for this already. I tested my res_search
code in glibc and it seems to work. But now I run my Asterisk in
uclibc box and noticed that the uclibc resolver has problems returning
correct error codes from res_search(). *sigh*

- Timo