[asterisk-dev] Add Farsi Say Date

Steve Murphy murf at digium.com
Thu Mar 5 11:50:39 CST 2009

On Thu, 2009-03-05 at 10:23 -0600, Mark Michelson wrote:
> Milad Rastian wrote:
> > yup
> > in our case just need to convert Georgian to Jalali
> > I have a function which convert Georgian to Jalali, but where can I
> > put this function ? say.c is not good place ,
> > is there any file which global tools store on that ?
> >

> There are several time-related functions defined in include/asterisk/time.h. You
> could probably place the prototypes for any functions in that file and define
> them in utils.c.
>
> Mark Michelson

I agree with Mark as to where to put the code; but I am curious,
as some years back I obtained the book "Calendrical Calculations"
(actually, both editions), and have played quite a bit with the
math therein.

They have a chapter devoted to the Persian calendar (13), with
the calcs for the astronomical calendar and the arithmetic calendar;
the one based on the number of days between spring equinoxes in
Iran, the other on Birashk's 2820-year cycle... but the book
never really says which is used to determine leap years where
this calendar is being used... which system does your lib/func
use?

murf

--
Steve Murphy <murf at digium.com>